View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #107
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

About a year and a half ago I got very motivated to lose some weight (don't remember what caused the motivation) so instead of doing all the typical stuff I had done in the past I started small. My goal was simply to reduce my calorie intake, I was not going to limit myself to no carbs or what not since that never got me very far. I started using myfitnesspal to track my calorie intake. I started very small. If I usually had say 5 sugars in my coffee I would cut it back to 2 (or whatever was the bare minimum I could tolerate). I noticed cream in my coffee made little difference so I cut that out. Since I had to enter everything into myfitnesspal I noticed whenever I would snack, so I stopped that.

I progressively did more and more to reduce my calorie intake. My biggest issue is I did not want to have to prepare lunch to take to work. I pretty much went out every day for lunch with coworkers. So I had my breakfast and dinner down pack, I even weighed all the meat and had it pre packaged in 8oz pieces. I did not cut out rice from my diet (which I had attempted on other diets and failed) I simply limited it to 1 cup or 1/2 cup depending on how good or bad my lunch went.

Anyways I managed to drop 50lbs in about 6-7 months or so. I went from 300lbs to like 245lbs at my "skinniest". One of the things I think helped me was if I fucked up I would just pick it up again the next day and start again. I really tried hard to not let one bad meal or a bad day or even a few derail my overall effort.

Anyways at some point I stopped. My weight since then settled at around 250lbs. Although I havent been on the "diet" my experience counting calories has made me a lot more mindful of the calorie content of what I eat and I think it has helped me maintain that 250.

However recently I started gaining weight, with a bunch of family issues and work changes I have really not been motivated to do anything. But starting last week I'm back on the plan, I ate pretty good all of last week except for the weekend. This week I have been on point thus far. I would really like to get to at least 200 although it's definitely getting harder the more I lose. Currently shooting for about 1600 calories per day, I try to go a bit low because honestly I'm guessing for my lunch as I always eat out.

My diet is as follows:

Breakfast: 2 whole eggs, cup of coffee 2 teaspoons of sugar.

Lunch: This is usually my biggest meal and varies between:

a. Mahi Sandwich, caesar salad and/or broccoli (depending on projected calories I cut the caesar.
b. 10z Steak, broccoli, 1 cup mashed potatoes (sometimes eat half depending on calories)

Dinner: 8oz chicken breast (grilled or broiled), large bowl of salad with 1 tablespoon olive oil and vinegar, substitute 1 cup of rice for the salad depending on overall calorie intake for the day.

Snacks: I keep beef jerky and pumpkin seeds at work to snack on. At home I will snack on pickles if I get hungry.

So... it's not 5% body fat, but that's my story and that's my goal 50lbs by next year.
Appreciate 0