Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I had a call from the store where I have a pre-order in for an iX that a pre-production unit would be there today so I stopped in.

Wow!

The car looks great and the interior is unbelievable. I sat in the rear behind a 5'9" driver and enjoyed limo level space. iDrive 8 is amazing. The car does have an 11kW charger. There is a rear wiper (take that, I-Pace). Like the i8, when you open the doors you see carbon fiber.

The only thing that might be an issue is the relatively small rear cargo area. Oh, and the price.
Good to hear this! Yes. The interior looks amazing and I am sure iDrive 8 will be amazing.

FWIWI bumped into someone on the iDrive 8 team at an AI conference and that is how I got interested on the iX. Go figure. LOL

What did you think of the massive grill? That is currently my only concern. I (and my wife) prefer a more subdued look. Other than the front grill it looks perfect. The price is competitive for the package.
Everyone wants to talk about the grill. I like it but honestly I think the controversy is overblown. It generates clicks on the automotive websites.

I'm five years people will call the design "attractive" and even "classic". Reference: i3

I said a bit more about the front end here: https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28025887
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0