View Single Post
      07-23-2021, 02:00 PM   #111
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Going back to the conversation of supply and demand as well as rising home prices, I've been continuing to monitor the houses in my area that are for sale as well as discussing with some realtor friends. Over the last week or two, I have seen much more houses come onto the market - also seems that they are staying on the market and the house prices are more "reasonable" (still high though). Maybe, just maybe, I am finally seeing the market beginning to plateau in my area which is definitely good for someone in my shoes (looking, but patiently).

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed similar trends in their area?
I don't think it has calmed down much in Kansas City. Yes, listing prices seem reasonable but that is by design. The realtors set a reasonable price, sometimes even a bit low, with the hopes of creating a bidding war. The home then sells for 10%-20% higher. That's still the case now according to my realtor who's been helping us find a home since October 2019.