View Single Post
      08-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #116
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Figured I would follow up on this thread. Our landlord reached out Wednesday and they will be listing the property on the 20th of this month. I wasn't planning until buying until next year due to our current life progression, with that said it looks like we can work some things out to swing buying this year - plus we are first time home buyers so that helps with the down payment and all that fun stuff.

Meeting with the agent this evening and we will find out what they intend to list the house for. We are getting first right to buy since our lease persists through October. With that said, I am a little worried it will not leave much room for negotiation. If I want to go lower they could take it to market and I would rather not get into a bidding war. The wife and I did not plan on moving in two months and are doing what we can, short of a bad financial decision, to make that happen.

The house should make a good stepping stone and be a good rental property in the future. Being that we have lived here for 22months, we know what we had to pay for rent and what it could potentially rent for. They have also just put in a new HVAC system and water heater - 2008 home. It is checking a lot of boxes, though it is a little small for family growth hence why it will be a stepping stone home. We will see how things play out!
Appreciate 0