12-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #11
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
I miss mine all the time too. I wore it constantly until somebody was waiting for me behind my car at a Fiesta mart and took it off me at gunpoint. Put me off four figure watches for life or at least in my zip code. If I lived in a gated community and commuted secure parking lot I might consider another one but for sure be very careful where you where these things. Scariest moment of my life and I've had a few close calls.
Yikes. Glad you weren't hurt. A watch can be replaced. Funny part is I used to wear an expensive (ish) Omega in Thailand. They sell so many fake watches there I figured no one would know it was real.

So I'm looking at inventory of a watch vendor that deals in copies. High end copies. And I point at one and say "that is nice". He says "your watch is very nice". I tell him it's a copy and he laughs. Tells me any watch dealer can tell from 10 feet it's a real one.

Now the watch sits in it's winder almost permanently. I could wear it around the house or the club but I usually wear a golf GPS watch so meh. I have a beautiful watch that rarely leaves the box.
Appreciate 0