View Single Post
      12-12-2020, 01:31 AM   #20
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Rolex was never meant to be the best watch around... it was meant to be one of the most sought after and they do damn well at that. Resale value and overall market want proves it. You can thirty other brands and umless you are touching Patek or something liek Audemars, the overall ambience, coolness, luxury favtor and recognition won't come close to Rolex. Their watched are also simple and almost nothing is over the top but keeps classix proportions... the submariner is a beauty in its simplicity.
As for never meant to be the best watch around, I'm not exactly sure what your referring to. They were probably meant to be a fine tool watch, a reliable device at extreme depth and height.

But I guess one could argue Rolex might/could be the best watch, their cases (no doubt Audemars cases are extremely good) the Rolex 904 steel and the machining for the stems on Rolex. Rolex mainsprings are also extremely good, as are the balance wheels. So Rolex escapements can go up against anything. Is any Tourbillion escapement better than a Rolex escapement ?
Appreciate 1
Frupal788.50