Rep
Drives: Bmw X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceph299 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pL86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
So talked to my salesman today while I was there for my brake oil change on my X5 and the tentative estimate is September for delivery and it will likely be a 2023 model. He said that they should have the pricing guide for the 2023 models in June and that was when we could discuss the trade-in value of my X5 as well and get the accurate packaging and pricing. Also specified that as of now they are not doing individual colors on the iX, which was something we would want for ours, but can't be sure about 2023 models. I still doubt they will do this but worst case, we take blue ridge mountain.
Was there any mention of any more feature deletes in the 2023 model year, beyond the lumbar delete on the front passenger seat that's already been implemented for the 2022 cars? I have an allocation for a 2022 iX that's being built as we speak but I am considering giving it up and waiting for a 2023 build but have some concern that BMW will delete other features like soft close doors with MY23. So far, it seems like the iX has been relatively well shielded against feature deletes compared to some other models like the X5 but I wonder if features will start disappearing as the iX moves beyond the launch model year.
I don't know if you actually tried the lumbar massage capabilities in person in the iX, but I was unhappy about the lumbar delete until I tried the driver seat lumbar at my dealership once they got the iX. It was such a mild massage that I immediately no longer cared at all about the lumbar passenger delete lol. I would say it's more like a motion than a massage.
I second that. Compared to the massage function on my old G550, The massage function on the iX leaves a lot to be desired.

Only lumbar massage options (no seat cushion or upper back), and more a flat pushing sensation on the lower to mid back versus a massage
Appreciate 0