View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoorah12 View Post
Thanks for the insight! I completely agree with everything you're saying. It's the reason I always preferred the Z3M over all of my friend's more powerful forced induction cars. There's just something about revving that naturally aspirated engine out in a light weight and focused car.

Having said that, moving up to the Z4M and S54 engine seems like a natural progression. My only worry with that car is that I won't have a lot of options for making adjustments and modifications. Is that the case? Or are there ample upgrade opportunities available?
Another vote for the Z4M here. As a matter of fact, I just picked one up a month ago. It'll be the most expensive to buy out of the 3 choices, but it's the one that will not lose money as I believe they'll start appreciating in not too long. The car is just an absolute thrill to drive, and I say that with an E36 and E92 M3 available to me.

Even in stock form, the car feels plenty fast to me. While it won't be as easy to gain power like the turboed cars, you can still get headers for healthy gains (US headers are more restrictive than Euro or aftermarket), while adding a tune. You could also go more extreme and get 4.10 gears.

The only thing I'm not so sure about is that you said you want to daily it. The ride is super stiff and it's not very practical, so I don't know if that matters to you.

I can't tell you how happy I've been with this purchase!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1