View Single Post
      01-27-2019, 06:02 PM   #2191
de Witt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5s & 06 E91 325xiA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post

My question; should I have stopped him, or is he getting what he deserves? Most people wouldn't be susceptive to the help anyway so my thought was why should i even bother. Has there ever been a time when you have stopped someone because you were literally concerned for them hurting themselves?

The only time I have stopped people is when they are going to use broken equipment that is not tagged out. That is it. I dont bother people as I do not want to be bothered. It is still January, the individual you discuss is likely a resolution maker and will probably be out of gym mode in a few weeks, besides I agree that most people will not be receptive to unsolicited assistance.

I constantly see individuals in the gym performing an exercise in a grossly unsafe manner. I do not consider this a matter of just deserts, its not a moral thing, people could get a coach that can assist them in getting technique and experience that will allow them to push themselves within the boundaries of maintaining a safe form.
Appreciate 2
JP102465.00