11-03-2005, 04:46 PM   #67
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
and FYI, neither the BMW or Audi does any good in SCCA speed touring car challenge.
http://www.world-challenge.com/2005/tc-standings.html

When you get into SCCA GT challenge, Audi RS 6 is all over the place. Don't see many M3s though.

I also remember a german engineer quoting how TSX is best FWD handling car ever made despite the weight figure.

Interesting. I did not know Randy Pobst races for Mazda - I thought he was with Audi.

So is the TSX the best of the two or the TL ? That german engineer did say "best handling front wheel drive".

The test result I mentioned in my previous post as reported in the German mag places the TSX after the Ford Mondeo, which, in Europe, is considered one of the best handling front wheel drive cars. In fact, the Opel Vectra came out ahead too (we may get that one here as a Saturn one day). So go figure. What no one disputes is that Accords handle well - better perhaps than the Mazdas. One can compare anything but I find that a comparison with BMW is not in their interest to make.

Anywho, according to the race results, the best handling cars are the TSX and Mazda ? Or is that more a question of who the best racing cars are this season in that league ?
Appreciate 0