View Single Post
      09-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #20
Roadcrew
Rep
Drives: G23 M440Xi Convertible

Garage List
Implant and bridge experience

I had an implant done about 10 yrs ago, middle 2 teeth in front on the bottom. Was expensive but prior to the implant I was using a snap in plate kinda thing, absolutely hated it. Procedure was easy. Implant has been solid. I have a bridge on top that has been there for about 20 yrs. Its been solid as well. Not sure if an implant was even an option back then. I had a second implant done about 3 yrs ago to replace the bicuspid (pointy tooth). Bone graft, heal waiting, more bone graft. Implant procedure again was a big nothing. The tooth felt solid after some time but then started to fail about a year later. Doc would inject some antibiotic every 3 months for 2 yrs. Never really improved and just fell out one evening, never any pain involved. So much for that six grand. At the time she said about 6 more grand to redo. I don't think so, not happening. She's willing to do a back bridge that doesn't effect the 2 teeth surrounding it other than a glued(?) bar across on the back side for $3500. I'm 71 and I think I'll just deal with the gap.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410974.50
M5Rick60060.50