10-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #51
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ionicsilveri8 View Post
What... no flower press?
Hah! Nope.. (At least not yet) I do have a total of 3 sewing machines though! ...and, of course, I only do very MANLY projects with these. (One old Sears Roebuck cast iron one my father gave me, a newer general purpose machine, and one that's designed to process computer generated embroidery)

I got my engineering degree (a VERY long time ago) because I really like designing and making stuff. It doesn't matter if its made from steel, plastic, or fabric. Its very satisfying to make something EXACTLY the way you want to!

{$0.02:} Unfortunately, I don't think we have enough "makers" in the USA anymore (just "consumers")... I have run free evening classes at my company to teach/introduce school kids to microcontroller hardware/software development (arduino). Its really fun to see some of them "light up" when they make stuff for themselves!

{Shameless:} I have four 3D printers in my shop (Different filament types and processes) and one or more are often running to print something I designed (not necessarily complicated). Here's a link to a Valentine 1 Radar Detector mount for the i8 which I am pretty happy with: https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1536150

Last edited by evanevery; 10-25-2019 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0