View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #59
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Scott keeps mentioning the goal to stay independent so BMW is not ran like Volkswagen.

If you ask me, Volkswagen Group single handedly ruined brands of Lamborghini and Bentley. I was shocked to find out that Lamborghini's, historically performance rear-wheel drive cars are AWD today because you know why. Bentley Continental GT is AWD as well, after being RWD for all its history.
Porsche will get there soon, well, they are already half way there with SUV and Sedan. Audi has been ruined since the beginning with FWD "luxury" cars.

BUT, isn't BMW already doing it? Isn't the reason we're making FWD BMWs Mini?

And when (not if) BMW is part of a bigger group in the future, I cannot wait to read something along the lines of "being part of this group will provide BMW with abundant resources that will allow us to stay at top as well as allowing us to build cars such as successor to M1 and be much more efficient by sharing platforms which is becoming more and more important in saving production costs, blah blah."

The same nonsense BMW gave us after saying BMW will NEVER make FWD cars. Now they say how fun MINIs are to drive and how they get raving reviews.
Well, we don't give a shit how well you can make FWD cars drive. Laws of physics can't be beat and the stigma of FWD that YOU helped create will still be there.
Appreciate 0