06-05-2019, 12:45 AM   #472
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
ah you must have been getting a lot of rain and the soil is really soggy and wet. same here, I've never seen mushroom until this year. I just kick them bitches or pull them out. tho I don't know if they're poisonous or not
it was a particularly wet year for us in california, but it hasn't really been raining lately. i have yet to install my smart sprinkler controller...
the grass is thick and healthy, and i don't think its a matter of being over-watered. there are a few spots that are starting to get a little dry as i have been manually turning the sprinklers off for a few days at a time to keep from overwatering. it has been consistently cloudy the last few weeks, so although it hasn't been raining, we don't need a ton of water.

i read that the cause of mushrooms is "organic material" under the grass. my first thought is we have a greenbelt behind our house and a ton of rabbits, squirrels, and chipmunks. at dusk on any given day, there are about two rabbits hopping around in the yard. i'm thinking the rabbit poop might not be helping, but they aren't going away, there has got to be 10,000 of them in the neighborhood.