General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
I'm not an expert on shoes...but the best driving shoes I own that I can still wear with a suit are these Bruno Magli's. They have a rubber heel which helps with pedal modulation. Also the rubber soles are not too thick so you can still feel the pedals somewhat.

I would imagine any dress shoes manufactuer's line of "sporty" dress shoes with thin rubber soles and rubber heel should be fine. Prada make a bunch of similar looking shoes.

You don't want to use anything with a thick rubber sole or too heavy construction. I have a pair Allen Edmonds...built like tanks...but absolutely horrid to drive with. Can never drive smoothly wearing them.

Personally, I find proper leather soled dress shoes, have bottoms which are much too slippery for driving. Especially if you have metal pedals!
SD, I have the exact same shoes and they are very comfortable but I didn't recommend them because they are well over his self-imposed budget of $100. Good recommendation though.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0