View Single Post
      09-13-2021, 05:26 PM   #15
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamisle View Post
I ran away from Tesla after leasing a Model 3. Tesla is a technology company that makes cars (poorly, I might add, as they are not necessarily known for their upstanding quality control for a vehicle at a $50,000 - $120,000 price point), whereas BMW is a luxury car company that makes luxury cars.

Tesla is only interested in you to buy a car. After you’ve given them what they want, you drop off their radar. Issue with the car? Better work around them to get it fixed. E.g. no weekend appointments, no valet service, no loaner vehicle, etc.

I wanted a Tesla so badly coming from three Cadillacs and an Audi and when I finally got one, after the honeymoon phase wore off, I realized how poorly built my Model 3 was and how unwilling Tesla was to helping me whatsoever that I ended my lease early to get into my BMW. They soured my feeling toward Tesla in just 1.5 years of driving a Model 3 after wanting a Tesla for so long.

It’s truly a shame. But just wanted to give some perspective since you mention 20 years of driving BMWs…a Tesla is no BMW. It’s not even comparable to a Chevrolet honestly, as at least the door panels on a Chevy align.
My thought at this point is that Tesla is a software company figuring how to build cars, while BMW is a car company catching up on software.

I did have a Model 3 on order early this year, but Tesla had no car for me when I needed one, so I test drove a G20 and bought one 2 days later.
Appreciate 0