View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 04:37 PM   #33
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
It's not speculation that BMW's approach has been to make a platform that can take multiple powertrains.

It's also not speculation that failing to optimize any platform for its powertrain will result in compromises of many types.

It's also not speculation that BMW's head brass squandered the technological lead BMW had when the i3 was introduced.:

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...706-story.html

BMW has ample resources to get itself back to parity with regards to EV platforms, and they will, eventually.
How can the point of this discussion be so widely missed?

The point remains that no one here can identify the numerical or even relative weight contribution of the various systems in the i4. No one here can point by part number on the BOM where a specific compromise was made yet. All the self-appointed experts are simply guessing and making argumentative and conclusory statements...and a first year law student would know the value of those.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0