View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 10:57 AM   #101
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2.0t View Post
I4 M50i is a big car, I looked at the spec and the dimensions are bigger than my X3. My X3 weight 2000 kg.

I don't believe Model 3 is a direct competitor. Personally I have an X3 M40i, an M4 and I also have a deposit on a Corvette Z8 Z06. I am a gasoline enthusiast, I don't like the Tesla attitude, I don't like their product which in my opinion is cheaply manufactured and comparable to an entry-level product in terms of comfort, finish , strength and durability, equipment offered. If BMW had not offered this product that bridges the gap between a classic car and EV, I would never have considered a Tesla.

I don't care about the weight, I don't lift cars and the spec suit my need. The vehicle is as big and equipped as my X3, I don't fall out of my chair because the I4 M50i weighs a few kilos more than my X3.

BMWs have never been light but their engineer can manage this parameter better than others (the new M4 is not a featherweight).
Model 3 was never on my radar either.

The weight of the i4 M50 never was a decision point for me. as I stated, I have never looked at the weight of a car before buying.

I look at the fuel efficiency and in the case of an electric; the range.

At about 250 miles it works for me. I can go from my house to Monterey (Laguna Seca) and I don't need a charge to get home. I can also get to Sears Point or Napa wineries.

I guess it's a porker but oh well.