View Single Post
      09-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #106
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaker_31 View Post
Can I just add that maybe this car isnt made to compete.

Maybe its their vision for when petrol runs out - maybe they arent trying to make a hybrid seller for decades.

Maybe they are saying " petrol is gonna run out, so lets design a platform for us to push new technologies and ideas. Lets put it into a package that exudes what BMW stands for. Yes we will make mistake, but hopefully in the future we shall be at the forfront of the electric race"

Or they could just be trying to copy tesla and Prisuses. I for one dont think electrical cars are the future, I think hydrogen needs to be used. However there needs to be big pushes in changing peoples view point.

We are so used to gas, we need products like this to tempt us into different fields.

Also I agree that there should be proper angel lights (ala concept) and please show me more of the laser light stuff - this is all I could find - seems it would be illegal in a lot of countries!

Also you know there is gonna be a Spyder version - and I think that will fix the ugly back on this car (hmm where would u put the roof? - no more passengers in the bacl).

The Spyder version is coming to the i8 .

Once again the same nonsense, V8 , V10 Supercar blah , blah .
The i8 will not crossover to BMW M. Its genes will benefit BMW M.
We have proven we do not need a Supercar at this time and the new M4 will further that statement. In a world where our competitors are electrifying existing concepts BMW have proved to be more innovative and more creative in their choices.
I have watched some of our competitors completely scrutinise both the i3 and i8 this afternoon and they are concerned , really concerned.
One abandoned this idea in favour of an electrified current sports car that will not make production and both are quite distant from the benefits of mass volume CFRP in a volume production model.

In 2 years time the all new BMW 7er which heralds an all new aluminium,CFRP mix architecture , CFRP body panels and high tech driver and passenger HUDs using the latest ConnectedDrive innovations will be the most technically advanced production BMW ever.

Today is more than a special day , its a day that BMWs leadership has effectively transformed the perspective of mobility. Today everybody shows where the market is at .

BMW want to show you where it's going...