11-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #1433
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Thank you sir. Appreciate the feedback. I'm fully aware of the road ahead but I look forward to the transformation. It's been a journey thus far.

Considering my caloric deficiency, how accurately I account for every single calorie that I eat, the amount of cardio that I do and how I look in the mirror, I highly doubt that it's water. I sweat a ton during my cardio too, but I also drink a ton of water throughout the day.
Like JP10 stated...since you are still quite new to all of this as you have been mainly focused on weight loss....you have a huge advantage here to take.

Once you concentrate on building muscle, your gains are going to come along a lot more quickly than someone like me who has to carefully plan it out to try and gain maybe 5lbs a year of quality tissue.

I would find that baseline where your weight isn't moving. Cut cardio back to just being beneficial for heart health. When I do that, I only do about 10-15 minutes of HIIT cardio at the start of my workout.

It's just enough to benefit your cardiovascular system, and get you warmed up for the weights.

At that point, kill the weights in the gym. Don't worry about rest time between sets...wait until you are recovered and hit the next set. Pretty soon your body will get the message....then you let muscle growth dictate your diet. But milk every step in your calorie plateau for all you can. You will find that you actually will start losing some weight at previous calories that kept your body weight the same.

That is when you start slowly increasing things. Your body will change as it has no other choice but to adapt!