Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louv View Post
It did fine. Lots of fun. But it's not really intended as a track car. I went through a fully charged battery in only 2 or 3 laps. Then all you have is the spunky little 1.5 liter, which actually does pretty damn well considering.

Yes, you'll want to fully charge it before starting... then, if at all possible, you'll want to find a Level 2 charger between sessions. The 110v charger will get you only about 1/3 battery full after 2 hours. Just enjoy those first couple of laps, and the blue ring of e-boost!

Fill up the gas tank between every session. It's only 11 gallons, so the weight isn't really an issue. I found that I used just about 1/2 tank during each 30 minute session on Laguna. (8 mpg! ) You don't want to run out at the end of a 2nd session.

Tires? I had a brand new set on the car. (<500 miles) They did fine. They sure aren't R-compounds, but they aren't terrible.

Brakes? No real issues. A touch of fading, as would be expected of street compound brake pads. Just be aware of it, and adjust your braking points.

Have fun. Be safe. Drive it home.
Excellent, thank you!
Appreciate 0