mindmachine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 BMW IX iDrive50, 23 Tesla X

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
TY for sharing your thoughts.

I think you note several challenges that need to be overcome. No question in that regard. I think, however, that every one of those challenges is being considered by someone as an opportunity, not an impediment.

I'm sure getting a ship to the Moon was at one point was fraught with things that needed to be overcome, very hard to solve problems. Ditto commercial flight or even mass appeal automobiles. And yet, we've sent a men to the Moon, millions of folks fly around the planet annually, and cars are ubiquitous and almost as important to daily life in many places as air, food and water.

All the best.
Fuel cell cars are not going to make it. Infrastructure, need I repeat it infrastructure is a very big problem to overcome and it will be costly. Heck what is easier then a 120 volt outlet and infrastructure is still the problem with electric vehicles. So not in my lifetime will fuel cell technology be a reasonable technology for powering cars. People won't but them in significant numbers until they can go across country and be able to fuel them without any problems and that is the big rub!
Appreciate 0