04-24-2018, 06:57 AM   #481
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Yea, I give Coots and Provy a ton of credit. Coots basically picked the whole team up on his back and tried to one leg them to the finish line.

Honestly though, the team frustrates the shit out of me. Both Hextall and Hak holding the youth movement back. Weiss, Gudas, and Manning should not have dressed this year. The fact that Sanheim was in the press box, Morin was on the Phantoms and Lindblom didn't sniff the NHL until the season was almost over is inexcusable. I'm sure it will be 3 years before we see Hart get a shot.

Flyers used to be my favorite of the four Philly teams, but I wrote them off this year after training camp when they sent the kids down. The Sixers are the polar opposite of this team, young, fun, fast and fearless. I was never a big basketball fan, but I've started loving me some 10, 9, 8 76ers.
You and me both man. I have no idea what is going on. So many questions!
Is Hak just out of his damn mind? Did Hexy give him too much leash? Is Hexy in on this too? Why would anyone think Brandon Manning is a good defenseman? Why would you play Dale Weise in elimination games in the postseason when he didn't play all season long?

Morin needs a spot on the Flyers blueline next year without a doubt. Maybe Phil Myers too. And for God's sake, either Sandstrom or Hart better be here backing up Elliott. I'm tired of waiting for goalie saviors who are 2-3 years away. Not to mention Veccionne & Voroybev should be ready to come up too.

This is a big off-season. Lots of holes to address/moves to make. We'll see what Hexy does to turn this team into a real contender rather than a bubble team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
See, here's where you're wrong. Gudas played great...matter of fact, Pens gave him MVP for the series.
How much did the Pens pay him for that performance in Game 6? How many Primanti sandwiches did you have to promise him?
Shame there wasn't a skilled young puck moving defenseman sitting around doing nothing who could have replaced him. Oh wait!

Go Caps Go! Maybe this year is the year they get past the Pens.