View Single Post
      12-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #1
pandb1320
Rep
Drives: S3. XC90.

Ready to Order 2019 i8 - which dealer? hidden options? etc.

Been 10 years since I was last on a BMW forum (S14.net ). Excited to potentially be back in the fold. Have had E30 M3. E46. E91 wagon manual trans.

I am located in Northern Virginia.

I was SUPER close to buying a CPO'd Ferrari FF in rosso maranello, but was in Bavaria this weekend and decided to BMW OnDemand a 2019 i8 at BMW Welt in Munich.

Loved this car. Also love the fact it's under warranty. Don't love the depreciation yet to come (FF close to bottomed out at this point). FF definitely sounds better (V12). Both are 2+2 which I need since I have a family of 5 and want my some of kiddos to be able to ride.

Is there a specific list of options? I found one online. I'm ready to make a deal with a dealer. I'm based in Northern VA but doesn't really matter to me where the dealer is.

A few questions.

1) what's the diff between Terra world and Terra world copper? Only the leather color?

2) when I bought my 2017 S3 there were some hidden options (eg resonator delete). Are there any options I'm missing here?

3) do they all come with the premium package? appears that way.

4) Are Pure Impulse options available on a 2019? I'd like the brake logo option if available (https://www.bmw.co.za/en/all-models/...e-impulse.html)

5) Why is the 3 cylinder engine covered with leather? Would seem cooler to be able to see the engine.

2019 i8 Coupé. Options are non-negotiable.
Sophisto Gray with frozen gray accents.
Jet black wheels
E-Copper Leather Exclusive with Cloth accentuator
BMW Laserlight

I'm headed to my local BMW dealership in 30 min to discuss but looking to make sure I'm not missing any options and what dealers can wheel and deal (and have allocations).

Doing Euro delivery for sure unless there's an i8 on someone's lot in the exact spec above who wants to move.

Thoughts? My two cents having come close to the F-car. The i8 is a great balance of usable power on the road, entry level exotic looks, decent gas mileage. Nice enough interior.

Also, how far out are builds starting? I remember my wagon taking 3 months to get to the states from order.

A few pics from taking the i8 out around Bavaria. BMW OnDemand was a fantastic experience. Super easy, just show and go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0