View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 08:40 PM   #212
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Another storm coming to the northeast on Monday. Forecast totals anywhere from a dusting to a foot or more. It looked to me like the Philly NWS office already put up winter storm watches for southern NJ and PA, which means they are tentatively expecting 6+ inches of snow. NYC and points north will not see as much, at least from the too-far-out model runs that I saw this afternoon.

On the bright side, my new snow/ice wiper blades for the Mighty Dodge came in today. I actually have to leave the COVID bunker on Monday morning, and it will be nice to be able to see where I'm going.....
Stupid NWS site keeps “upgrading” so I am having trouble getting local hazard forecast. But they do keep raising the snowfall numbers on the normal forecast page. And the forecast of snow over several consecutive days is unchanged.

I recently traded our 2011 Lexus GS350 ‘beater’ for a 2013 E350 4Matic wagon. The Lexus had a “snow/ice” mode that worked pretty darn well. The Merc has no such button. If we get white roads I intend to go out and see what’s what in that regard. Worst case I will walk home and haul out the Taco.
Appreciate 0