View Single Post
      10-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #33
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Old thread, but I will add to this that I picked up a 3570.50 Speedmaster Pro a little over 6 months ago.

I knew I wanted the traditional "Moon Watch", but was honestly torn between the official "Certified by NASA" hesalite crystal 3570.50, or the one with sapphire front and clear caseback. I went back and forth, because I really liked the look of the clear caseback and the idea of a scratch resistant sapphire crystal sounded better to me, but I wanted to stay traditional and get the actual "Certified by NASA" model, just so I knew I was wearing THE watch that was flown into space and worn on the moon in the Apollo missions.

I ended up not being able to decide, and based my buy on what watch had the best deal at the time, and ended up with the 3570.50. I wear it maybe twice a week (I rotate between 3 other watches) and all in all I am very pleased. It is probably my favorite to wear (other choices are a Citizen Eco Drive, Bulova Precisionist, and a Rolex Expy II) but the crystal is mildy scratched up after 6 or so months. I don't want to say I wear my watches rough, but I definitely don't baby them either. They do occasionally get banged up. The scratches are mild, and you have to look into the watch under the light at an angle to really see them. They will buff out I am sure, so not a huge deal, just wanted to add that scratching can and WILL happen with the hesalite crystal. Is it worth it? Absolutely. If you haven't already, get the traditional Moon Watch. You wont regret it

If you are interested I will recommend a seller from Japan that I got mine from. He sells the 3570.50, with inner and outer boxes, manual and card holder for just under $2400 shipped all day. Great seller, fast shipping, and he is legit. Let me know if need the info.
Appreciate 0