View Single Post
      04-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

"Lazy" GF... How to motivate?

How do you motivate your GFs/partners?

My girlfriend is in sales (management role), travels pretty frequently and works 50+ hours a week. Her job is pretty stressful/demanding and by the time she gets home all she wants to do it lay on the couch (nap), watch mindless TV and sit on Instagram.

I am trying to motivate her to do something outside of work, but it's not going well. She is pretty sensitive (and I am very direct) so it always ends up in an argument that she is not good enough for me and that our jobs are different... and it goes downhill pretty fast.

Example: She was traveling most of last week - came back home on Friday night. On Tuesday around 6pm I told her that by the time I get back from gym (9:30PM) she has to organize her clothes as they were all over the second bedroom and finally clean the receipts (she needs to submit them for reimbursement and they were on the table since Sunday). I also mentioned that it's a 4th day that she is on the couch and it would be nice if she finally signed up for gym... Fast forward a few days and she is still beyond pissed.
Appreciate 0