07-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #53
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arezzo View Post
My dealer (Florida ) tells me the earliest production date I can expect is Week 36 and if believed I am first on the list. Does anyone have a confirmed production week ? He also said that all subsequent orders (5) are to be ZPW in order to get a chance of allocation by BMWNA. That would take him through August next year.
Am a little concerned that the first couple of hundred the only variation will be exterior color and wheel design. Strange marketing strategy.
I'm confirmed for week 35. And yes, the lack of variation is weird. But the number of '14/15 cars in the US is going to be less than a thousand, way less than 500 the first year according to some. Then, the couple thousand they plan on building in the upcoming years (in theory) won't be available as pure impulse. I'd take pure impulse with black interior but they're probably only offering one color to keep costs down via scale. I think they'll probably increase prices on subsequent years after "honoring" the price they announced last year with the first batch as other car companies have with popular halo models.

Last edited by Carac; 07-03-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0