View Single Post
      09-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #231
jwestfield
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 i7 and '23 M8 Competition

guys, it's still crystal clear that . . .

. . . BMW has absolutely no clue what the hell they are doing with this US i8 'launch' or any planned communication about it with customers and dealers.

We are all 'stuck' until they decide on a 'plan', and then further stuck until they decide to communicate their 'plan' (which will also probably be delayed by many weeks or more, even after they do indeed make a decision), given their past performance in this area with this project and others.

what a continuing total mess - and we all get to bear the brunt of their internal planning confusion.

it all started with their multiple false US launch dates, then the fiasco about Pure Impulse orders (everyone being forced to choose this option in early July), then continued craziness when BMW can't even properly plan and procure leather and most PI orders were arbitrarily converted to the Dalbergia brown leather/cloth crap, then all this subsequent 'launch' mess - all topped by multiple BMW communication outlets that don't even tell the same story (myBMW, BMW NA 1-800 automated voice system, BMW NA 1-800 humans, BMW i Concierge humans, and the order systems that our dealers use to check vehicle production/delivery status).

the other car manufacturer execs that read these blogs and/or hear about this are all laughing, i bet.

oh well, very disappointing.

let me know if any of you find out anything interesting, and I will do the same.

here's to hoping that BMW will get its act together quickly, communicate the plan appropriately to us and our dealers, and never handle something as poorly as this again in the future.

2021 M8 Competition - Frozen Grey
Appreciate 0