06-25-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e Copper i8 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
Hello everyone, I'm about to trade my Gallardo for 2015 BMW i8.

I just have a few questions bothering me, please help:

1) So if you drove a lot in 1 day, and your electrical engine is out of power, does it mean you now using just the rear wheels of the car?
Yes but you will not run out of electrical power. If you switch to sport and just drive the engine will charge itself. If you remain in sport it is very very unlikely you will not have electric power;

Quote:
2) Continuing question #1, if your electrical engine out of power, does it mean all you have in terms of power is a 3 cylinder rwd motor, and honda civic has a chance to beat you in a drag race?
Even in ICE mode only the car is not that slow, you still have 220 horsepower.

Quote:
3) How is the car in terms of speed after 150km/hr? Does it feel like there is a big lack of power?
I can't divulge how fast I have gone but I have seen no power fade up to whatever I have dared to try on normal streets.

Quote:
4) I haven't had a chance to check out the car closely, but does the interior of the car seem cheap?
This is partly taste, but my opinion is absolutely not. It is very well done and seems understated but elegant. Which interior? I can only comment on PI.

Quote:
5) Did you have any engine problems so far?
2000 miles so far and no. But that's not enough miles.

Quote:
6) How attention grabbing is i8?
Varies from very to extremely. Anything from people coming up to talk to you, to people who have almost rear ended or driven off the road trying to take pictures while driving. I am guessing depends somewhat on color.

Quote:
7) How many km can you drive on 1 tank and full charge? (realistically)
I drive extremely aggressively and so far am doing around 350 miles per tank. But this is almost 100% in sport and inefficient. You may be able to get much much more in eco.

Quote:
8) Is it a good investment? Apparently the price is keep going up for i8, but it might drop like a rocket if the new i8m comes out, or i8 becomes more available in quantity
In my opinion no car (with very few exceptions) should be viewed as in investment, rather how much are you willing to lose to enjoy the car. Anything else is gravy.

Quote:
9) What if someone park super close to your door? Gallardo can open just a little, giving me a chance to squeeze in, the doors on i8 go all the way up. Anyone had problems?
It is very much like most other cars, in that the amount of space you need is around the same as the minimum you would need for a hinged door to get out.

[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0