View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 07:08 AM   #5
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
First I would figure out where you feel comfortable financially buying one. You have a substantial range price wise. The Blanc can be found used for well under 8k and a gold Daytona will usually set you back 30k +, both being used. What’s a pretty wide spread.
Me I’m a Rolex guy. All their models retain their prices very well and a small few appreciate nicely. S/S models are usually the best bets for retaining or appreciating. PM( precious metals) not so much so. Bought my Submariner ND new about 9 years ago and looking at selling prices now for used models are a good bit higher then what I paid, many over a $1k more.

Some Rolex models now are quite hard to find. SS sports models are nearly impossible to find at authorized dealers now. You can walk into Rolex stores and not see one new stainless sub. I’ve witnessed this myself in Maui last week when I went to a Rolex store, not one new one in stock, they did have some used. New Prices are even going higher now due to this and used are going up now also. There are different theories why Rolex cupboards are bare( supply and demand thing for one) but the fact is prices are rising because of it. If you can find a good used or a new Stainless Rolex at a fair price now is a good time to jump on it. IMO. Good luck and let us know what you finally choose.
When I wrote “...kind of amazing a fifty-fathom wouldn’t be a sure investment” I was trying to say they are not an investment and if a watch like that isn’t an investment it says something about a lot of watches, fathoms are excellent diving watches and are an amazing design.

Just to clarify.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee2706.00