View Single Post
      04-01-2020, 04:26 PM   #792
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
And some goober off the street can also buy that gun. I would hope he might spend on a license, a lesson, and some practice, some ammo....
But a gun culture does not do your children any good. I'm old enough to see where many of my high school mates ended up. The ones I shot skeet with didn't end up in fortune 500 corps. Just sayin'!

Murf
You clearly have an anti-gun bias. Your premise seems to be that the only way to "better yourself" is to not own guns.

I suspect that some of your friends that didn't shoot skeet also didn't end up in fortune 500 companies.

My wife has spent most of her adult life in Fortune 500 Companies, ending up in senior leadership rolls with many of them....she also shoots a Henry rifle and is the proud owner of a Smith and Wesson .357 magnum which she enjoys shooting and is very proficient with. Head shots all day long at 60'. We have had big dogs which are a good deterrent, but I believe in not putting all of my eggs in one basket.

I have guns for recreation, I've been shooting my whole life and was a LEO for over 30 years in a large city. I moved to a small town with very low crime rates and I am aware of my surrounding. I am physically fit and can defend myself but I also know that there is alway someone tougher, and dogs don't scare everyone. Especially since very few dogs are properly trained. So if someone can get by my dog and my locked front door I won't be using my fist in the hope that I am tougher, I will use a firearm to protect my family, my home, my dog and myself.

But I guess you're better than me because you take computer courses and do community work.....oh wait, I do those things to.

And it would never occur to me to tell you what you should or shouldn't do with your discretionary income or spare time as long as it's not against the law.

Last edited by Murf993; 04-01-2020 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24829.00
Dpc2u11503.00