View Single Post
      04-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #37
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

The x5M makes an appearance

Thanks again everyone for your input and for sharing your experiences with range rovers, good and bad!

Two days ago, #Covid19Boredstyle, I decided hey why not check the x5M out too. I had read the reviews and compared the RRS v8 and the SVR. From what I read, the x5M is smaller, faster, and more car like etc. But I hadn't looked at x5M because I want to try something different and move away from bmw for a bit and like I said before, I plan to keep my e90m3 for a bit longer as a second car. So I went on Autotrade and began looking at prices for the F85M, 2015+. Luckily I found a 2017 CPO near me; I sent them a message, and reply essentially was send us your address and we'll deliver the car tomorrow for a test drive. Shout out to bmw for the service btw; granted I've taken my m3 to them for service so I'm in their system but I was shocked w their reply and the great service. The next day (yesterday), this beautiful alpine x5M shows up. It is Beautiful car but I must say RRS is prettier. The roof line of the x5M and the rear end are ok. Anyway I drive the car and I'm like wow, this is an suv. It felt like I was driving a bigger sedan, m5 perhaps. The car felt fast and nimble. Comparing the drive to the RRS, specially the SVR, doesn't make sense to me. The RRS felt like a truck that is trying to like a sports car (the SVR in particular almost felt dangerous to me like driving all that weight fast was a hazard lol). And the X5M felt like a sports sedan and easier to drive. I loved it.

The thing though is I felt in the end, why get an x5M when I have the M3. The dynamics and layout of the car was "too familiar". I can see if I was trading/selling the m3 now, the x5M makes some sense. But as an add on, not so sure. Anyone has both M3 and the x5M? Anyone owned both an RRS and X5M at some point?
Attached Images