01-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #21
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Looking for input on something I haven't dealt with in the past. I work in IT and just got a new job in IT security, they follow a Net 30 pay schedule since they're a client-based company, which basically means you get payed on the last biz day for the previous month's work.

Ex: You work through January, you get paid on February 28th.

So I started this month (Jan) and will get my first paycheck on the 28th of February. After my eventual departure I'll get that "first" paycheck a month later.

I'm used to bi-weekly from every other job I've had so this is a massive change for me, I'm essentially going without any pay for the first month. Anyone ever dealt with this and have any budgeting tips/advice?
Did you know of this before you accepted the position? The University of Miami pays its employees once a month, though not sure if it’s the exact same structure as your current employer. My aunt only lasted a year working for them as she had a hard time budgeting.
Appreciate 0