View Single Post
      04-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #48
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Thank you all for the support!!! She is out of surgery and doing well, 2 weeks with the cone of shame and she'll hopefully be good as new.

Really appreciate all the stories and support, we weren't sure she was going to make it. One of those things where she'd either be totally fine or not fine at all at the end of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninefinest View Post
I was an explosive dog handler in Iraq back in 04. When they blew up the Green Zone Cafe a leg flew into our compound and my dog Rex was running around the yard with the leg in his mouth like it was a trophy.

That's wild, I can't even imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
My dog tried to eat a live bee. Obviously it stung her in retaliation. I didn’t think anything of it but it turns out she is very allergic. We got home from the walk and I started looking at something on the computer. She came up to my desk a few minutes later and her face was swollen to twice it’s size and she was having trouble breathing. I rusherd her to the emergency clinic and they gave her an IV of antihistamines. Thankfully she ended up fine.
I've been there! My first dog found a ground-nest of yellow jackets, came up to us with a mouth the size of a watermelon. Glad your pup was ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmugmotleocay View Post
I have a 5 year old Rottweiler with nothing but medical issues. He had chronic diarrhea , IBS , acra lick granuloma , pancreatitis , going blind and to top it off diabetes. We spent around $13,000 on him. I don't think he will make 6 . The poor guy is a big bundle of love.
He looks like a love bug, I had a rotty growing up too. Give him a hug for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
wishing you the best for those cute dogs!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE93 View Post
Just had to deal with this today actually. My mother's dog had a tumor that had grown around his colon. The vet said they could remove it but he wouldn't ever have a normal life afterwards. Not only that but he was riddled with tumors over his body already. Just got back home from putting hom down about an hour ago. RIP Buddy.
So sorry for your loss, I'm sure it was for the best.