njw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 - LBB/6MT/Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_rant View Post
The i8 reminds me of tron...I like.
That's because it's still a concept and concepts can very look cool and futuristic when they don't have to meet regulations. Maybe the technology is realistic, but the design and looks? No way all that glass will survive into production. Which is too bad, because it looks amazing (wheels aside). I have this sinking feeling that it will be redesigned a few times to meet regs, with a lot of people being disappointed in it's realistic final production design. I hope I am wrong.

I also think nearly everyone with a cool million to blow would choose the Porsche. My God, that thing is sexy. It's a good showcase of technology and what can be achieved but the key is actually making it reasonably accessible to the public. At that price, it's only another dream car for 99.9% of us.

Enter the Karma. I saw one last year in SoCal and I fell in love. It looked great and I'm pretty excited to start seeing them on the streets. At that price, they are going to have an uphill battle to reach profitability. I hope it is a big hit because I'd love to see Fisker succeed as a newcomer.