View Single Post
      09-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #66
bosz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Ordered

BMW needs to make a proper super car with a V8 or V10 or something crazy.

People who have that kind of money to spend $135K base + on a car won't care too much on fuel Econ. Also, they wouldn't drive a super car type as a daily driver. At least thats what I've seen. SO why have high fuel econ when a car like the i8 will likely not get driven as much?

Audi understands that and thats why even the next gen R8 will still have the same 2 engines (V8 and Lambo V10) but with cylinder deactivation, start stop etc just to try to be a little more efficient

BMW , I wish you made/make a proper super car I would buy it! Mercedes has a couple of super cars, Audi has one too.

I think i8 is heavily focused on euro markets which have strict emission requirements etc

I think The concept of the i8 is just boring, no offence to anyone. Also a lot of its power comes from the electric motor which does not have a long range. So really you're drivng a 1.5 Litre 3 Cyl "Super" car with 236 Hp.

At least Audi is coming up with the r8 e-tron, a fully electric car with a ton of performance and range

Disclaimer: I hate Audi's other than the R8

Last edited by bosz; 09-10-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0