View Single Post
      01-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #32
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
How will 5G affect AAPL and in mobile business in general? Will that be a source of growth in the next coming years? I am surprised that very few in the investment community are talking about 5G.

Also as for AAPL, maybe they engineer this drop so they can buy back shares at lower cost. Coming out on the first day of trading seems to much of a coincidence.
I reallyyyy don't think 5G will make as big of an impact as people think. I remember the last go around from 3g to 4G, most people did not care about it all. When it came it was a solid upgrade but most people won't be able to tell the difference between 4g and 5g, the ones that are intelligent enough also know their own mobile carrier's limitations and rollout of it. I think this rollout will take 5 years and short term don't expect growth. People look for flash and new devices and I think we've hit close to peak... (I could be wrong but I have no idea what the next big thing could be). AAPL needs to focus on managing its large cash base, managing ops costs and develop a service of some sort for revenue.
Appreciate 0