View Single Post
      08-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #1233
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It depends on what you're trying to accomplish and how your body reacts to cardio. The advice that you received was sound simply because you don't want to burn all of your glycogen stores, etc. on cardio. Use it to move the weight, and then follow up your workout with low impact/low intensity cardio. No need to go balls to the wall. Slow & steady (...with long duration) will get you there. I've tried all of the approaches (..fasted cardio first thing in the morning, two-a-days, post-workout cardio, etc.), and each approach has it's pluses and minuses.
Great thanks. I'll stick to cardio post workout for a while to see how it goes. I just climb on the stair master. I'll be honest, I HATE cardio, so I usually only last 10 minutes before stopping. Not because I'm tired, just bored. Is 10 minutes at 50/steps a minute even going to accomplish anything (only about 100 calories burnt).

My goal is to lose some fat while maintaining or even gaining muscle. So far it seems to be working, just going very slowly. I've lost about 2 pounds on the scale in the last 2 months, but my pants are getting loose and I continue to PR every week in the gym.
Appreciate 0