View Single Post
      10-03-2017, 06:02 PM   #6
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Honestly, I’ve started to become less and less interested over the last few years because of the continuous stoppages, reviewing of every play and touchdowns. There used to be 1pm and 4pm games. Now, those later games won’t start to at least 4:35. It’s become ridiculous. I think a lot of the slow pace has to do with the ability to make more money on ads for the NFL. They love it. Throw in the fact that you can’t take a family to game without taking out a loan and paying $50 for parking. Now, with all the protest from these out of touch felonies (25% of NFL players have felonies), I’m pretty much done.

if anything I'm fucking sick of sports and pop culture fucking deities. They are entertainers... There's a shit ton of real heros that are making real impact in people's lives and we're fucking caught up in OBJ's celebrations?

It's just fucking entertainment people. Win or lose, however many fantasy points you score, it's just that. Your life is still shitty on come Monday just as much as it was shitty on Friday. Time is likely better spent with your family, or figuring out finances, or fixing up your house or learning a new skill that'll benefit you financially.

I use to take college football really seriously and use to watch about 9 hours every Saturday (my team, the primetime game if my team isn't primetime, and then parts of another game). But today, I still try to watch my team every weekend, but I'm okay missing all of the other games. Even with my team, so far, half of the games were recorded and watched later. Otherwise I would have missed out on a lot of family time for what...sports?

Last edited by Flying Ace; 10-03-2017 at 06:09 PM..
Appreciate 2
Delta03117477.50
Haywood3100.50