View Single Post
      11-16-2019, 07:49 PM   #2453
turboawdfanatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Do not forget the battery failure. In chemical engineering, the mean lifespan for all liquid Li Ion batteries is between 6 and 8 years, 500 Low state cycles. It is a constant across aerospace and industrial applications. hence why tesla carefully and sneakingly introduced, April 19, its "Normal Decay" clauses for battery warranty refusal. NO MORE MILLION MILES as too many got it and a single 20,000$ pack would eat through 10 cars worth of profit! Tesla carefully says that neither range nor battery capacity are indicators of battery health.

Indeed, it is LOW STATE IMPEDANCE. Once it shoots above 3,000milliohms or so, whether 200 miles or 100,000 miles old, it is DONE. ching ching, 20-25,000$. Some owners had their fail at 2,000 miles, Covered by warranty, not their fault, they had no chance to kill it in 20-50 days. but at 80,000 kms and 5-6 year marc? tesla will now refuse the warranty.

What this means is that when the impedance testing proliferates, owners will see their teslas, Bolts etc, depreciate accordingly to the impedance figure of their battery. So whereas I saw 20 yr old e3X with 500,000 kms in Africa, minty looking, that will never ever happen with any liquid Li Ion battery. they die just sitting. Figuratively, store it 7 years and fire it up, and no it wil lnever perform like new, acting up, cutting off amperage etc.

Case and point, Porsche and Taycan tells that it is a consumable. Sure, taycan owners carry 30,000$ pocket change for new batteries, but taycan's electrical chemistry is the same as anywhere else on the planet, and Tesla's etc.
Iíd probably be replacing my car by then. But at least I have the assurance Tesla warranties the battery to retain 70% capacity for 8yrs. Being itís at Teslaís discretion how they determine capacity. Wonder what they will say and how customers will react. Guess weíll find out in 7 yrs. Thatís if Tesla is still around then lol

Last edited by turboawdfanatic; 11-16-2019 at 08:00 PM..