Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Sweet- sounds like you're in need of a bike to wrench on

I've always said you never really own it till you've torn it apart and put it back together again! This way you're just getting to it right away

For most folks I'd say that's totally right. YOU, on the other hand, after that warranty miracle-minor, are so far wacked out on your karma I suspect there's nothing within a thousand miles that is a good deal!!
LOL You're probably right, I still can't believe the outcome of that whole thing. I had a great convo with the guy that sold me the car and warranty originally a few days ago. He was the one that convinced me to buy it and assured me it was actually "unlimited/lifetime". I told him what happened in the end and we had a good laugh, he's looking at a 550 or 650 now and wants to warranty it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
All in, and also married! Do it for us all!
Appreciate the upstanding support LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Dual Sport bikes are pretty easy to get street legel, even if they arent 100%. The requirements aren't that bad in most areas.

That being said, I'm going to echo what someone else stated. Just get a good quality brand name bike, and not a cheap Chinese version.

Parts may be available now, but they will not always be.

A bit of background, I use to race both bikes and ATV's for a number of years, and owned a couple Chinese made pitbikes that I spent quite a bit of money on. (they were $1000+ each, from a well known Chinese brand name)

Long story short, The piston rod broke in one of them, and I needed to order a replacement rod, plus a head and piston. The parts were nowhere to be found. I ended up swapping the entire motor out because of this, to a Yamaha.

Just spend a bit more and buy a used one from a well know Japanese brand. I use to have a Suzuki DRZ-400 that was just awesome. The engine is shared with a number of other ATV's/bikes, so parts are super available and its stupid easy to work on.

My 2 cents.
These are good points, I'll have to check the details on the engine and see what it's other applications are, if any. If it's not a commonly used block I might look elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
it says check with your local dmv to see if it is street legal
As detroitm2 said the requirements are pretty basic for most locations, headlight, tail light, blinkers, horn, muffler lol.