View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 08:34 AM   #38
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I think if we're only talking about street driving, I think between 350 to 450 is plenty. I think the character of the car/engine is far more important personally. I have no interest in cars I can't rev out the car every now and again on the street.

All my cars are NA BMW Ms with manual transmissions and I find them perfectly fun for the street. The slowest one is my US spec E36 M3 and I actually have a lot of fun with it because you can row through the gears while merging on the hwy and still be at the speed limit. That's very liberating at times. "Fastest" one is a catless E92 M3 with a Stage 2 tune and I personally think this is probably all I need. I dream of a 997 Turbo or GT3, but I know those cars might even be more overkill.

I will say this: There are cars I feel are inadequate stock. First car that comes to mind is the BRZ/GT86. That car would barely merge on the highway in second gear. I have no problem with them being fun in the corners, but if it frustrates me in daily driving, then it's a no go for me.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0