View Single Post
      03-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #14
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Preface: I didn't get a test drive of the Turbo S, I worked for a wrap shop and the owner was very adamant on us enjoying the car. He gave us a tour of his fleet, showed us how to use all the drive modes and options (exhaust, front axle lift, etc), and told us to have fun!

That being said, the 911 was in another realm. I've been in a couple 4 digit horsepower cars before, and those obviously felt like a rocket, but the Turbo S does it in such a German manner, very precise. The fit and finish of everything was fantastic, the slap of the ridiculous launch control, the stupid quick shifts of the PDK, the time-warp feeling of laying into the pedal, and it's all covered by a WARRANTY, it blew my mind. Granted, this was 2 years ago and I didn't have the M then (hell, I was still in college), but they're entirely different. I love my M2C to death, even more than I thought I would. Even if I COULD afford a Turbo S, I would take a 991.2 GT3 with a 6MT in UltraViolet, but I'm a manual advocate and I love purple.

Also, I just want to note that working on the Turbo S was much easier than one would expect, especially considering some choice Mercedes sedans that we seemingly always had in the shop. The headlights are held in by a special clip/mechanism that only works with a proprietary Porsche tool, took me maybe 20 seconds to remove them both. The front bumper took me under 20 minutes to take off, 2 special "slide" clips and some torx, came right off. It was impressive. Same with the door panel, the leather was AMAZING, and the bolts were hidden behind a panel that you didn't know was a panel; I think it was 3 bolts and some clips, and it came right off. No fuss, no fighting.
There is a reason why Porsches cost much more. Their level of engineering is and quality IMO is unmatched (have owned many Porsches, Ms, RS, AMG and lot of Ferrari experience). They don’t leave a detail I touched and don’t do anything but make sure it’s implemented to the best level
Appreciate 1
Conissah1574.50