03-05-2020, 11:12 AM   #11
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
Do you really want (need) a single origin for French Press?

My wife drinks a lot of FP and Moka, while I only pull espresso.

I play with a lot of single origin stuff, mostly from local roasters...she generally uses the blends from the same roasters for FP/Moka.

Out of curiosity...What are you using for a grinder?

Anyway...(2) consistently good and reasonably priced roasters in St. Louis are Kaldi's (700 blend, for you, would be my recommendation), and Blueprint (maybe Penrose).

Other cheaper/bulk mail-order...You might look at Redbird or Nicolleti...buy 5 pounds, divide up and put the rest in the freezer and pull packs, as needed.

Malabar Gold is another mail-order strong/simple coffee...but...it has a mix of Arabica and Indian Robusta.

-Mark in St. Louis
I don’t need single origin but I certainly would prefer it. Nothing fancy on the grinder, I use a Braun KG7070, flat burr grinder. Gets the job done.
Thanks for the selections you offered and thank to all who responded. Appreciate it.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 03-05-2020 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0