View Single Post
      03-28-2020, 07:57 AM   #36
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'll take the speeders over the absolute stupidity. It blows my mind the number of times this week I have seen people blowing dead red lights.
Here too. I mentioned it on another forum also. I'm seeing a much higher disregard for normal traffic laws than I usually do. Yesterday I watched a pickup hang a left hand turn about 10 seconds after the light had turned red -- I know this because I was entering the intersection on the green light. I had to brake (lightly) to allow the idiot to complete the move. I'm certain they never even looked to see if there were any other vehicles at the intersection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Funny - over the last week or two, I've noticed a complete dearth of speed traps between my house and office - it's a long drive of around 50 miles each way.

Suddenly, today - saw three separate traps on my way to my work, 1 city cop and 2 state cops.

What the heck?? Seriously, surely there must be something better then can do than pull over people when the road is empty.
It could be due to increased flouting of traffic laws. We surely are not the only folks thinking, "woo hoo, empty roads!"

I used to commute 80+ miles each way to work. Inbound during early afternoon, outbound after midnight. I could blast it pretty hard on the way in, because I was between rush hours and the traffic was light enough. After midnight the roads were very sparsely traveled, but the number of police on them was so high that I dared not do anything rash. Empty roads = more chance of getting pulled over.

I'm of two minds on it. On the one hand it does seem silly to pull folks over on an empty road. On the other hand I think the authorities would be wise to maintain order during these strange times. The alternative isn't pretty.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59561.00