Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Question Shopping for ~$25k new vehicle with Active Cruise Control

Because I am in outside sales, I spend pretty much all day in my car. I call it "my office." I have to park my car in all kinds of situations... On the street in major cities in the northeast, and NYC-style parking garages where white-glove treatment is far from assured. This makes having a "beater" attractive. I can spread the miles driven across two cars, and keep my "nice car" out of bad weather and bad parking situations. Additionally, if I have a practical "beater" I can have a slightly less practical "nice car."

I used to have a super-crappy Suzuki SX4 sedan, but it was so rough, I really would only drive it in the worst of situations. I've been trolling for something inexpensive enough, yet sporty, comfortable, and attractive enough to consider.

Because of how I use this vehicle in lots of extremely heavy traffic... While simultaneously conducting business... having Active Cruise Control is an absolute necessity for me. Note this ACC requirement completely rules out any manual transmission vehicle. AWD would be nice but is not a requirement. Trunk size and concealability are very important since I travel with a lot of bulky and valuable samples.

This brings me to April 2020 and noticing 66-month 0% interest rates on a car that seems to be a real option... The KIA Forte GT. This thing stickers at like $26k fully loaded; seems sporty enough; and dare I say it's not horribly ugly. I think my challenge might be finding one with the "GT2 Package" as my casual search hasn't found one with this package within 500 miles. I'm actually not super picky about color, but white would be easy to keep looking ok while not being highly cared for... plus I like the contrast against the black mirrors and trim.

The other vehicle that fits my ~$25k NEW vehicle with ACC requirement is the Honda Accord Sport, but that CVT just turns me off; plus I think its kinda ugly. However, the Accord Sport is significantly larger (a plus).

What do you think? Any alternatives you'd pick to fit my ~$25k NEW vehicle with ACC requirement?
Attached Images

Last edited by Dog Face Pony Soldier; 04-04-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0