04-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #67
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So, you want to compare two very different events, Rodney King was arrested in 1991 for a very different incident to this. I'm not sure what your law enforcement experience is but I have some so feel that I can comment on both events with at least some relative frame of reference and feel confident in saying that the way the coppers in NYC dealt with the Porsche driver was appropriate but happy to hear your professional opinion and why you think it was wrong and how they should have handled it differently and how that your way of doing things might impact the criminal proceedings moving forward.
Don't need to be a LEO to use common sense. RK didn't damage any property and was secured and didn't require a beatdown, vs BC who damaged several properties, endangering his surroundings and still was treated w kid gloves. I used RK as it's the most famous example but could've easily used many other less famous ones where police tactics were overhanded and ridiculous.

Anyway, not gonna let you derail the topic as there's obviously different stds of treating suspects and it showed here. Tell me, would you let BC wander around like that, even after you 'scolded' him for trying to hit-and-run, and not even bother to take away his keys? Or you think it was a textbook arrest and anybody else would've been treated exactly the same?
Appreciate 0