View Single Post
      04-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #68
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Don't need to be a LEO to use common sense. RK didn't damage any property and was secured and didn't require a beatdown, vs BC who damaged several properties, endangering his surroundings and still was treated w kid gloves. I used RK as it's the most famous example but could've easily used many other less famous ones where police tactics were overhanded and ridiculous.

Anyway, not gonna let you derail the topic as there's obviously different stds of treating suspects and it showed here. Tell me, would you let BC wander around like that, even after you 'scolded' him for trying to hit-and-run, and not even bother to take away his keys? Or you think it was a textbook arrest and anybody else would've been treated exactly the same?
So RK was 29 years ago, resisted arrest and didn't follow the directions of the police. The police were acquitted of excessive force. They were then tried for abusing his civil rights because of the public outcry....we could argue all day but this became a political trial in the end. This clown in NYC is a very different matter and he was handled in an appropriate manner given the circumstances.

I want there in NYC, but from what I saw the police handled him correctly. Would you be happy if they got rubber hoses out and beat him? Please tell me based on your experience in law enforcement.
Appreciate 0