View Single Post
      12-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #73
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Yup - I really enjoy the 90's pop-punk - I think the main reason is that most of it was rather fun, happy, upbeat stuff - which is nice. I don't always need lyrics that talk about how crappy everything is.

When I go snowboarding, I will frequently start my first run listening to "Fat Lip" - for some reason, it always gets me into a more aggressive attitude to tackle that first run of the day.

I also dig "Bowling for Soup" - haha.
Totally agree. Yes, the world is sh*t, I know. Sometimes I want to listen to music that makes me forget about that. And what better way than 90s punk-pop?

Do you still snowboard? I had to give it up finally and go back to skiing. Started skiing when I was 4. Switched to snowboarding when I was 20 and never looked back. I herniated my L4 in a motorcycle mishap 3 years ago and cant snowboard anymore. I'm pretty tall so I ride a 165. I really have to wind up to swing the board around. I just cant get the rotation anymore like I used too. Range of motion is limited and it just hurts like a b*tch by the end of the day. Makes the ride home off the mountain horrible. Switched back to skiing last winter. I hate it, but at least I'm still on the mountain. I just want to be carving through the trees in some fresh powder on my board soooooooo bad!
Appreciate 0